news Politics 

Ex-Obama State Dept. Spokesperson Once Claimed Steele Dossier Was NOT Used To Obtain FISA Warrant (VIDEO)

In statements that aged badly, this is up their with some of the greats. Former Obama State Department Spokesperson Marie Harf claimed on Fox News in July 2017 that the Steele Dossier was not used to obtain a FISA warrant. 

Partial transcript via Breitbart News:

HARF, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Well, I’m very impressed with Mollie’s ability to spin a conspiracy theory out of this. There is no evidence to support what she’s putting forward. Look, I think it’s interesting. It was certainly salacious when it came out. But I would disagree with something she just said, this dossier, while it may have got a lot of attention, isn’t actually what the Russian investigations are about right now. They’re about all these meetings that Trump officials had with the Russians that they were not honest about. They’re about possible ties. And nothing may come from those investigations. But let’s be very clear, they’re not based on that dossier. I have no idea who paid for it. I have no idea where any of this came from. But I suspect there’s some attempt in Congress right now on the Republican side to use this dossier and some of these conspiracy theories.

HEMINGWAY: In fact, this dossier was used by the FBI to secure a FISA warrant against an American citizen. It was also used by Obama officials and intelligence agencies to really get this whole Russian conspiracy going.

HARF: That’s not true, Mollie. I was in the administration. That’s absolutely not true. We thought this was a funny, salacious thing. The Russian investigations started because a bunch of other issues not related.

As Usa Writers Freedom previously reported, the dossier was used to apply for a spy warrant on Trump campaign advisor Carter Page:

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

In a stunning admission to CNN‘s Jake Tapper last Wednesday, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper admitted the Steele dossier was used for an extension of FISA surveillance.

“As I understand it, this was simply an extension of the original FISA request. Meaning that, or implying, that apparently, there was information that was considered valuable that was being obtained, via the initial FISA request,” Clapper told Tapper.

H/T The Conservative Tree House

 

Related posts

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: